| Special interest travel and touring in Yemen
The Republic of Yemen is located on the South of the Arabian peninsula, far removed from the politics and conflicts of the middle east. Yemen has joined the global alliance to stop terrorism and most nations regard Yemen as an important partner in the region. The people of Yemen are extremely friendly and always anxious to meet foreigners and to show hospitality. While you are in Yemen, you will have the services of an experienced guide, familiar with all of the locations and cultures of the different regions of the land. Your comfort and safety is always the primary concern of Yemen Explorer Com.. We advise for every conscious traveler or guest to prepare her/himself before coming. Please read carefully pages on travel information and accommodation. Travelers who wants to go the hidden tracks should be aware of the simplicity of the locals and their lifestyle, e.g. housing, food, services, transportation, etc... .
One negative impact of tourism is already noticeable: begging by children caused by presents (bribes) given away by group travelers. So nobody should be surprised by the crowds of children in remote areas.
What you can expect:
- timeless history of ancient civilizations and old cities
- expansive deserts
- breath-taking scenery
- highly individualized architecture
- a stunning coral reef coast
- different activities: trekking, bird watching, diving and mountain gliding
- and the most important: the Yemeni people with their unique hospitality
The term ecotourism was coined by Héctor Ceballos-Lascuràin in 1983, and was initially used to describe nature-based travel to relatively undisturbed areas with an emphasis on education. The concept has, however, developed to a scientifically based approach to the planning, management and development of sustainable tourism products and activities.
Specifically, we believe that successful ecotourism projects must:
- effectively promote the preservation of entire local ecosystems, not just individual species, vistas or sites
- be economically viable in order to attract financing and be sustainable: environmentally/ ecologically sustainable
- socially and psychologically acceptable
- be well planned, financed, managed and marketed
It is an approach that creates a variety of quality tourism products that are:
- an integrated and holistic approach to product development
- capacity building in host communities
- a sense and uniqueness of place
- commitment to the greening of the tourism industry
Our goal is to enable people to enjoy and learn about the natural, historical and cultural characteristics of unique environments while preserving the integrity of destinations and stimulating the economic development opportunities in local communities.
Successful tourism must benefit local populations economically and culturally to give them incentives to protect the natural resources which create the attraction.
Eco-tourism focuses on local cultures, wilderness adventures, volunteering, personal growth and learning new ways to live on our vulnerable planet.
Responsible ecotourism includes programs that minimize the adverse effects of traditional tourism on the natural environment, and enhance the cultural integrity of local people. Therefore, in addition to evaluating environmental and cultural factors, initiatives by hospitality providers to promote recycling, energy efficiency, water re-use, and the creation of economic opportunities for local communities are an integral part of ecotourism.